Saturday, February 14, 2009

Volume IV 1/4: Valentine Princess





The title: Valentine Princess
The author: Meg Cabot
Publication: Harper Trophy, 2006
Got it from: The Book Depot

Heh. My copy of this book has a great big tear where the heart is, because I got it at the Book Depot, which specializes in selling flawed books at deep discounts.

I read this book in 45 minutes this morning. Here's my summary:
*Grandmere hires this astrologer named Dr. Steve, who Mia is grossed out by and thinks might be some sort of Rasputin character. Dr. Steve says Mia's true love is a Leo, which bums Mia out because Michael is a Capricorn. Dr. Steve also says that Grandmere will sustain a bodily injury and receive a marriage proposal. Which happens at the end, when Dr. Steve proposes to Grandmere and she breaks her leg trying to run away from him.
*Mia is sad that Michael doesn't believe in Valentine's Day, but he naturally comes through for her in the end.
*More appearances by J.P., aka The Guy Who Hates It When They Put Corn in his Chili! Oh J.P., will you hurry up and get here soon?
*Best moment: Mia gets her bodyguard Lars a Valentine with a heart holding a gun that says, "Valentine, I'm gunning for you." And Lars gets teary-eyed.

Happy V-day everyone! I'm off to enjoy some of my pink-and-red Valentine's Smarties mom sent me.

No comments: