Saturday, May 17, 2008

More regency romance!

Updated! May 17: Shareholders are revolting against Yahoo CEO Jerry Yang for his decision to fend off Microsoft's Advances - particularly sharholder Carl Ichan. So I'm adding my own twist to this tale. This is too fun to pass up.

Chapter Two: Mutiny from Within

"You fool!" Great-Uncle Carl hissed as he learned of Miss Yahoo's refusal over breakfast the next morning. "This could have meant money for all of us! You think you're so noble, don't you? But all you're doing is driving your family to the poorhouse!"

"But uncle," Miss Yahoo! said, putting down her spoon. "I didn't love him. He would have mistreated me."

"Of all the rubbish nonsense!" her great-uncle spat, his face visibly reddening with rage. "If you don't find him and ask him to propose again, I'll force you to marry him. By god, I will!"

Miss Yahoo! shrank back, more determined than ever to stay away from the wicked Marquis. Just then her aunt, Sharon Holder, came bustling in with curiosity brimming over. "Good heavens, Carl," she said with a nervous laugh. "What is going on here?"

"Nothing, dear sister," he replied with forced politeness. "I was just telling our dear niece that she must always put the family's needs ahead of her own."

Wow, this is getting so exciting! I can't wait to see what happens next!



No comments: