Sunday, April 13, 2008

15. Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Hollywood

The title: Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into Hollywood
The author: Bathroom Reader's Hysterical Society
Publication: Portable Press, 2006
Got it from: Amazon

I'm including this on my list because it's a) a book; b) 487 pages and; c) I read them all. And it was darned good. Whether recounting silly trivia, such as the amazing career of Ed Wood or talking about more serious matters (like famous unsolved Hollywood murders), there's never a dull moment. Sneer if you will at such low-brow tastes, Uncle John never lets me down. Not to mention that I learned about all kinds of things I didn't know: the Wilhelm Scream, the first cartoon (Gertie the Dinosaur), and how many actors were ruined by the transition from silent to sound film. As an added bonus, there's no Yankee mistresses! No dumb chick lit heroines! And nobody tells anyone to kill a puppy!

No comments: