Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

(Source: The Daily Mail)

Looking back on 2013, it wasn't a particularly great year for reading. (I know, I know.  I said the same thing last year).  I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I'd hoped.  It was a busy year for a lot of reasons, and reading just fell by the wayside.  I ended up skimming and thus not reviewing quite a few books.  There were also quite a few "meh" books that I just didn't feel like writing about here.  As a result, posting was quite sporadic.  It gave the impression that I wasn't reading much, which wasn't true.  I was reading every day.

Anyway, last year I left a series of "clues" as to what books I'd be reading, and I did get to all but one and a half of them.  See if you can figure out what they are.  Answers posted around New Year's!

1. One First Lady
2. Two sets of magicians
3. Three ladies of Christmas
4. An intrepid woman reporter
5. The real lives of Downton Abbey  (moved to 2014)(?)
6. Pirates!
7. The secret history of a major city
8. A classic children's book I've never read
9. A very "viral" book
10. Lost books  (this one is a work in progress.  I am about halfway done).
11. A dear enemy
12. A prairie tale

No comments: