Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pump up the volume

So here we are, halfway through the year already, and I thought I'd better assess my progress - to help push me back on track, so to speak. So far this year I've read 31 books (15 fiction, 10 non-fiction), which is ahead of last year's total, but nowhere near reaching my goal of 100. Not to mention I haven't really branched out into any new areas, although I am reading a mystery right now for a change.

So I am herewith announcing my goals for this summer:
1. Read at least one Western. Longarm would be good for a larf, if I could stand the blatant misogyny. Or I could actually read a good one.
2. Read the next book in the Amelia Peabody mystery series. I've read one every summer since 2001, but I missed it last year because I'm sure the last one I read was in Ireland, 2006.
3. Read at least one book in my collection that's been on the shelf for years which I should have read a long time ago.
4. Read at least one other Civil War romance, one that I actually enjoy. Of course if I don't, you'll get another hilarious review.

No comments: